Sunday, June 2, 2013

CM Blog Circle Challenge - Beautiful Ugly

This months photography challenge at CM was to capture something ugly, yet beautiful.  I'd been looking forward to this activity for weeks and enjoyed this months shooting so much, and I had so many ideas in my head. I did a ton of macro shooting. Shooting everything from ugly toadstools/mushrooms growing in the pasture, to pollen dust on the ferns, spiderwebs covered with dew....focusing on lots of tiny details that are ugly in a normal sense, but really beautiful when looked at in unique ways.

However, it was during a recent road trip this month that really changed my perspective of the ugly. I spent hours driving through some really desolate areas. What I once viewed as ugly, brown, boring,
landscape became something really, really beautiful!!









Beautiful skies..... golden fields...... and wide open spaces.




And out of nowhere I come upon a huge wind farm and lush green fields and lots of rusty gold.
























And cows grazing with wind turbines in their pasture!





And old abandoned buildings that I desperately wanted to explore, but did not want to trespass, so I just took a quick snapshot from the road and continued on my way.




















And as I continued my journey on down the road,  I enjoyed a renewed sense of beautiful ugly.

Tumbleweeds, isolation, vast open spaces, blue sky and glorious clouds....and untold beauty at every bend!





Thanks so much for stopping by! Now hop on over to Holly's blog and see her wonderful interpretation of Beautiful Ugly!!

7 comments:

  1. These are stunning, the last two are my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the abandoned home especially, but they are all just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! The skies are absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, each one of these is fabulous and I really enjoyed the whole series. The one with the wind turbine is really cool and my favorite is the abandoned house. The colors in your last image are gorgeous. Awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice post. I like the images. Thanks for publishing this content. I will search here for more great things.
    Web Design in New York

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these images - the abandoned house shot is especially cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are very nice Avatars. Flickr use to update their design and settings and providing great services. Anyways good to know about this update.
    Web Development Saudi Arabia

    ReplyDelete